POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : overlapping media objects in a light_group : Re: overlapping media objects in a light_group Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: overlapping media objects in a light_group
From: Kenneth
Date: 27 Feb 2006 17:20:00
Message: <web.44037968dd4585782666fd450@news.povray.org>
BTW, something I forgot to mention:  Although it may not be very apparent
from my images, the media on the right-side of the lens shape is actually
twice as bright as the media inside the light_group sphere. The only
conclusion I can reach is that the spotlight is interacting with the medias
of BOTH spheres there.  (This does usually happen when two media containers
are simply overlapped...the media densitites "add together"...but since only
one media is in the light_group and the other isn't, that doesn't seem quite
right.)

Ken