POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cube split : Re: Cube split Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cube split
From: Kenneth
Date: 27 Feb 2006 16:45:00
Message: <web.440371d08802d88f2666fd450@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> I got to play with a real-life glass cube and noticed that if you put
> it diagonally and look at something through it, it will nicely split that
> something into two and show the two parts in opposite sides.
>
>   I wondered if POV-Ray simulated this, and it does it perfectly:

A beautiful example of what POV is capable of in the right hands.

I'm quite amazed that you've managed to eliminate all of the seeming
"artifacts" such a scene *could* produce, particularly in regards to IOR
(that is, how a high IOR can bend light rays from out-of-view parts of the
scene and include them where they're not wanted.)

Ken