POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : media-fog bug? : Re: media-fog bug? intersecting with isosurface Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:24:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media-fog bug? intersecting with isosurface
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 21 Feb 2006 11:15:01
Message: <web.43fb3bb0ee45fcd0731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> So I end up with two problems.

I've been having a play with this, and I have a couple of conclusions.

> 1. interaction media and 2 fogs
It's not the media. It appears to be a fog problem - if you take out the
interior block, the (now totally invisible) container object still shows up
if you use more than one fog. Unless someone knows a way around this, I
guess you'll have to fake one of the fogs with media (!).

> 2. interaction media and isosurface
Again, it's the container object intersecting the isosurface that seems to
cause the problem. Try raising the accuracy of the isosurface (i.e., use a
lower accuracy value). That worked with my tests.

Hope that's of some use

Bill