POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunscape WIP updated : Re: Sunscape WIP updated Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunscape WIP updated
From: Charles C
Date: 17 Feb 2006 01:00:01
Message: <web.43f563f982d2c2239926319c0@news.povray.org>
I also like the hard/icy look of the snow.  I like the bumpiness too (don't
smooth it out too much), because I can imagine a bunch of kids tromping
everywhere around the snowman the day before, making a low spot in the snow
in the area of the snowman from gathering the snow...  Maybe they finish
late in the day having started in the afternoon and they'd get a good
picture of themselves next to their snowman with the sun in front of them
and their house/cabin behind them.  Then all those footprints get weathered
and indistinguishable overnight and partly melted on a clear day in the sun
the next, only to be re-frozen by now when this picture "was taken".
You've captured this look well and it put all of these assumptions into my
head.

There've been a number of comments about the trees, but I think the thing to
work on would be the fence.  I think its smoothness is more distracting than
the evenness of the trees.  As for the trees, are the ones in the background
evergreens or deciduous?   I'm thinking about those wells that often
accompany evergreens.  It's been a while since last time I've been skiing,
so I'm not picturing how big the wells ought to be reletive to tree-size.

Charles