POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunscape WIP updated : Re: Sunscape WIP updated Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunscape WIP updated
From: s day
Date: 16 Feb 2006 17:45:01
Message: <web.43f5000f82d2c22362aad93e0@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> The shading on the fence looks as though it may have some ambient value.  Is
> it set explicitly to 0?  If not, you may get more colour bleed than desired
> from it.
>
> -tgq

That is probably the problem, this was only really a test render to check my
fence macro worked and to add the snow, the fence currently only has a
pigment value so the ambient will be defaulted to 0.1

I am also using some rather silly values for the Sun light (approx rgb <300,
120, 30>) which gives the glow effect on the clouds. I have noticed when
trying to use such high values before that you can get strange artifacts in
the image. I don't think these setting are meant to be set so high and may
also be adding to the fence radiosity/colour bleed.

Thanks,

Sean