POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunscape WIP updated : Re: Sunscape WIP updated Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunscape WIP updated
From: s day
Date: 16 Feb 2006 17:40:00
Message: <web.43f4fe2382d2c22362aad93e0@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen <spamnot@<removethis>polard.com> wrote:
> Well done, I love the colors.
>
> One thing might be to make the sun disappear more "behind" the tree? Right
> now it looks as if the sun is shining in front of the tree's branches,
> instead of behind it.

Thanks for the comments Stefan, that's the effect I was  going for I found
the following reference image for the effect of the sun setting behind
trees
http://www.well.com/~wolfy/2003-09/Small/0074-2003-0908-2031.jpg
As you can see the sun is so bright it shines through the tree, I was not
expecting to be able to reproduce this effect with POV but was pleasantly
suprised..

Thanks,

Sean