POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stargate WIP : Re: Stargate WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stargate WIP
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 15 Feb 2006 20:50:01
Message: <web.43f3d99e4895ceda18766f9d0@news.povray.org>
"Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> "Mike Sobers" <sob### [at] mindspringcom> wrote:
> > Well, it is a _bit_ more complex than that, but all the layers I made didn't
> > seem to help much.  See below for the code, and maybe you can give me some
> > suggestions?
>
> In deed I can :)

Well, take a look!  I think the texture is close enough that I can get on
with the rest of the modelling.  Thanks a bunch!

> One thing about those cracks. I couldn't find such on the 'original'
> stargate (e.g.
> http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/chevron.jpg). is
> this variance wanted?
>

> Regards Roman

Actually, if you look closely, you can see them (especially at the uppermost
part of the chevron).  But they are much less prominant than in my first
attempt, so I toned it down a bit.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'stargate_04.jpg' (96 KB)