POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Knot world : Re: Knot world Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knot world
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 15 Feb 2006 10:05:01
Message: <web.43f342d2646e4d2e731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Jon Buller" <jon### [at] bullersnet> wrote:
> Personal opinion: rotate the scene 90 degrees counter clockwise, and move
> the camera a bit to the (new) left and a little down as well.  This gives a
> big hunk of the knot as a sort of brick road that you could walk on that
> goes to the right and slightly away.  A little bit of playing around could
> probably make it curve up or down as well, but I think that is unnecessary.

I see what you're getting at. That's an interesting concept... it would
probably look really nice, although I'm not sure I should be using a
brick-knot for that. However, it's not really what I had in mind. I intend
to have some human-type constructions attached to the knot as if it were a
column, as in previous posts, i.e. with the vertical aligned with the knot
axis. The camera would then be floating alongside. This makes the whole
thing more vertiginous (for me, at least - I really don't like sheer
heights!).

I may revisit your concept at some point, however...

> It becomes trivial to
> assume that just off the right of the image the knot will curve up or down
> into the the rest of the bits you can see nearby.

I should hope so, 'cos it does! :)

Bill