POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunscape WIP updated : Re: Sunscape WIP updated Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunscape WIP updated
From: Kenneth
Date: 15 Feb 2006 02:55:00
Message: <web.43f2dd9282d2c223ac3d99330@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> I have added the snow to the trees and decided to put a fence in (not added
> the final texture to this or the trees yet). Also I have adjusted the
> colours of the sky a bit (not sure if it is better of worse as it depends
> on the angle at which you view it on my LCD). Still need to give the poor
> old snowman a face and some arms..

This is looking quite beautiful.

I agree with others here that the image is more "thoughful" with the
snowman's face turned away from camera. And when you add the arms, the arm
positioning (posture?) should add to that feeling.

A scarf 'round the ol' boy's neck would look nice.

I do like those tiny snow glints!  Which will be hard to retain if/when AA
is added. (This one of those cases where the single-pixel glints could
probably(?) do without AA, but the thinnest, filigree tree branches would
benefit from it; currently, they look a bit too bristel-y at the tops.)

Looking forward to the final image!!

Ken