POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunscape WIP updated : Re: Sunscape WIP updated Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunscape WIP updated
From: s day
Date: 14 Feb 2006 10:45:00
Message: <web.43f1fa3e82d2c223b6cb9cc70@news.povray.org>
"DLM" <mae### [at] combumbiumdedu> wrote:
> > The only criticism I can give is the trees in the background are still a
> > bit regular in their spacing (Possibly add a bit of jitter to the macro
> > thats placing the tress?)
>
> An engaging image well executed!
> I think the issue of the trees is about perceptions.
> The trees are regular in height - not just placement.
> As it stands it looks like a plantation with no boundaries - perhaps it was
> planted that way?
> To look more natural/unkempt it needs smaller trees/vegetation at the forest
> margin and variation in height/size/type.
> To look more managed it needs perhaps a fence/ utility line or similar
> bounding human intrusion.
> Thoughts?...
>
> DLM

The trees are meant to look like they have been planted there and are
surrounding a field, although I do think they look a bit too uniform even
for this. They are (sort of) based on the view from my window in which the
trees are of very even height. There are actually 3 types of tree in the
copse although the majority are the large ones the other 2 don't really
show up very well (I actually rendered them in different colours to make
sure they were there as I couldn't spot them myself).

I may try the fence idea if I get time.

Thanks,

Sean