POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Knot world : Re: Knot world Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knot world
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 14 Feb 2006 05:15:00
Message: <web.43f1ab94646e4d2e731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Jon Buller" <jon### [at] bullersnet> wrote:
> I feel a little lost when I look at the image.  Am I in a plane/ship flying
> over some part of the foreground knot, or am I standing on a portion of it
> looking almost straight up?  I think some sort of horizon would help orient
> the image.

I tried! The 'horizon', such as it is, is what the hazy knot is peeking
over... the blue sky was supposed to be a clue in that regard!

> I think it's more dramatic and accessable
> seeing the ring fade into the distance and climb up overhead than it is to
> be off in some random location just looking at some chunk of it.
Hmm... yes, I'm not completely satisfied with the hazy moon-knot. Maybe if I
make it even bigger, as if the orange gas-plane is actually on its surface,
as with the ringworld arch. Is that the kind of thing you meant? I shall
play with the concept.

Bill