POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Knot world : Re: Knot world Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knot world
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 14 Feb 2006 05:05:00
Message: <web.43f1aa36646e4d2e731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Florian Brucker <tor### [at] torfboldcom> wrote:
> I really like where you're taking this. The image already has a nice
> atmosphere, so there's little I can nitpick at.

Thanks!

> One thing is that I'd
> add more knots in the distance - to me it seems that the front knot is
> some kind of a planet, with the upper knot being a moon or something
> similar.

What I had in mind was that these knots are like small spaceships,
artificial constructs floating around in some kind of gaseous environment.
Such environments tend to look either boring or incomprehensible, so I
thought a blue sky above would add something of our world to the picture.
The hazy knot in the distance is meant to be (and indeed is) very, very
large and very, very far away, like a giant moon-knot. I actually added it
very last-minute; I originally wanted a moon, but thought a knot might be
more fun. Its presence could go some way to explaining the preferred
building geometries of the locals!

Scale will be more obvious in later versions - there will be gantries and
stairways festooning the brickwork (hopefully!).

Bill