POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Knot world : Re: Knot world Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Knot world
From: Jon Buller
Date: 13 Feb 2006 15:50:01
Message: <web.43f0ee2b646e4d2ebe920ef30@news.povray.org>

> Comments? Suggestions? :)

I feel a little lost when I look at the image.  Am I in a plane/ship flying
over some part of the foreground knot, or am I standing on a portion of it
looking almost straight up?  I think some sort of horizon would help orient
the image.

Perhaps I'd like to see in this image something like some of the ringworld
images I have seen.  (I think that was your work, wasn't it? But I did see
some other work using BMRT too.)  I think it's more dramatic and accessable
seeing the ring fade into the distance and climb up overhead than it is to
be off in some random location just looking at some chunk of it.

Perhaps just a little bit curving away from the bottom, like being near the
top of a hill and looking to some mountians beyond...

Jon