POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stargate WIP : Re: Stargate WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stargate WIP
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 13 Feb 2006 04:30:00
Message: <web.43f051354895ceda488e6e9a0@news.povray.org>
"Mike Sobers" <sob### [at] mindspringcom> wrote:
> Ok, so I'm Sci-Fi fan.  Here's a WIP of the stargate.  I still have some
> work to do on the chevrons, but I'd like to get some advice on making it
> look more "real".  I'm using layered textures, but it seems like there's
> something missing.  Maybe it's the lighting?  Any suggestions are
> appreciated.  (BTW, the water looks cool animated).
>
> Mike

Good modeling! How did you make those symbols? font object with stargate
font or hand modeled?

Lighting seems a bit simple i have to agree. but i'm not very good in
lighting either so i'll pass the question to more experienced persons.

work on the textures is definitely recommendable. it just looks to... hmm
procedual? i think when one is able to recognize the pattern used (agate
right? ;)) then the textures need work.

Regards Roman