POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RSOCP : Re: RSOCP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RSOCP
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 10 Feb 2006 05:15:00
Message: <web.43ec6778798b978382fc96790@news.povray.org>
Verm <pov### [at] thirteeendynucom> wrote:
> > The spikes are true media effect: the sphere has an internal light_source
> > and the light comes throught the holes of the cracked sphere, which is
> > sourrounded by scattering media. BUT, in order to have well-defined
> > 'spikes' I had to increase media samples up to 200 (yes, two hundred), and
> > only one interval.
>
> Owch rendertimes? It took 12 hrs to render 800*600 on a 3.2 ghz machine
> then I saw I'd messed up the crackle pattern and got a seam.
> Roll on the multiprocessor release of pov - although that won't help you
> with radiosity.
>
> I'll be expecting the radiosity version of this scene in May then.

I rendered a pure-radiosity version (only the light_source inside the
sphere) last night, and it took about 2:30 hours for 800*600 on a laptop
equipped with AMD Athlon XP3200+ (clocked 2.2 Ghz). I join here the result,
but the settings are not satisfactory yet (splotchiness), and I'll post a
new try asap.

     Bruno.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: