POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien desert--again : Re: Alien desert--again Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien desert--again
From: Afishionado
Date: 9 Feb 2006 23:45:00
Message: <web.43ec19ac5fabfc7da9fc69d80@news.povray.org>
A closeup of the creature. Obviously, the model was never intended to be
rendered at this level of detail, but I wanted to show the group what it
really looks like. You can also see why I chose to put the creature at a
different angle in the scene. ;-) (Say "hi" to Silhouette Girl!) The
waistband also completely falls apart from this angle. At the same time, I
got an interesting composition with the insects at this angle completely by
accident!

I'm kind of aiming for a Triceratops-style neck frill on the head. I can't
really image putting ears on that thing. ;-) I think I did a decent job
blending the isosurface and blob objects, though the neck looks just a
little swollen from this angle. I'll fix it if I ever decide to use the
animal from this angle. :-P

To be honest, the creature was inspired by the desks in my school's math
department. The head would be one of the chairs, and the base of the cupola
is the surface of the desk behind. The chairs have this little cutout in
the middle of the back, and that area is where I put the "eyebrows" on the
creature. From there, I just started making stuff up.

So, I have no idea where the creature would have space for a brain of any
size, or how on earth its neck joins with its spinal cord, but it looks
cool. :-)

William

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'aliendesert-dinoportrait.jpg' (45 KB)

Preview of image 'aliendesert-dinoportrait.jpg'
aliendesert-dinoportrait.jpg