POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Well, well, well ... : Re: Well, well, well ... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:25:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Well, well, well ...
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 7 Feb 2006 11:05:00
Message: <web.43e8c426ff32374882fc96790@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> > How about a herd of grazing cattle standing on the water nearby?
> >
> > My main comment would be that the water didn't look like water at first
> > glance. Once I'd registered it, it looked OK though. I think it could be
> > bluer, with less reflectivity at the higher angle (in the foreground).
>
> I second that
> >
> > The well and bucket modelling is excellent!
>
> I think the top ring of the stone curb is wrongly built. It should show
> radial seams with stones the full height of the ring
>
> Excellent idea anyway, it gives me inspiration for another 'well' go...
> Marc

I agree 100%. It is just an isosurface with a brick texture_map, and POV
stone standards (T_Stone35 and T_Stone31). I'll improve that later. The
rope is also a simple sphere_sweep, thus the texture cannot be OK in that
case. I'll probably use Mike Williams's rope macros. This scene is still an
embryo ....

While I am typing this, I started another render with an attempt for a cloud
with less reflectivity on the water, an ounce of radiosity, more green for
the fade_color of the water.

    Regards