POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Entry : Re: IRTC Entry Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Entry
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 7 Feb 2006 04:40:00
Message: <web.43e86a73cd6ad91582fc96790@news.povray.org>
Verm <pov### [at] thirteeendynucom> wrote:
> I like it - I like the simple uncluttered style.
>
> Apart from wondering what the white thing in the top left is, there
> seems little to criticise with this image. You might get people saying
> its not got enough fire but it's a nice image, and currently a good use
> of the pov logo.
>
> > Btw, I started it last month (could not work much on it since), and I did
> > not copy s day's idea, though we have points in common.
>
> Don't worry it's a totally different style, yours is more fantasy based.
>
> I will however be surprised if anyone does anything similar to mine :-)
> (if I ever get it presentable).

Thanks Verm for your reply. The thing on the top left is a star-cluster, a
bit like our Hercule's cluster. Obviously, I did not succeed much for this
object :( and I'll try someting else. One will find herafter a photo of the
actual Hercule's cluster.

My scene is still in an early state, and I will populate the ground and
perhaps the sky with a few (not too many) other 'organic' objects that
become ardent/burning by the effet of the star, bringing some kind of life
to those entities, but leaving inert things cold. My first idea for this is
to put an ice cristal on flame in place of the logo. Your opinion?

    Bruno

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hercules.jpg' (15 KB)