POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] : Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB]
From: s day
Date: 3 Feb 2006 18:50:01
Message: <web.43e3eb6f220a28162a868be00@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> A new version of the Alien Cliff.
> Added have been: cloud, waterfall, "birds".
> This time, a larger version. Slow rendering (about 36 hours in total)
> especially for the lower half of the image.
>
> I am curious about any comments of course!
>
> Thomas

This is looking really good and is better than the earlier post, I like the
balloon it helps to give scale to the rest of the image, also I agree with
the many comments about the bottom of the waterfall. At first I wasn't so
keen on the colours but the more I look at it the more I like the 'washed
out' look, it makes it look less rendered and more like a painting/drawing.

At 36 hours I wouldn't fancy turning on radiosity..

Great work.

Sean