POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] : Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Cliff...again [~150kB]
From: stm31415
Date: 3 Feb 2006 18:50:01
Message: <web.43e3eb0b220a2816b3eb90420@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> A new version of the Alien Cliff.
> Added have been: cloud, waterfall, "birds".
> This time, a larger version. Slow rendering (about 36 hours in total)
> especially for the lower half of the image.
>
> I am curious about any comments of course!
>
> Thomas

Very pretty.

My main problem with the waterfall is not hte way it looks (though it would
be nicer if you worked on that) but is it's geological effect on the
surroundings. It seems to have had no effect whatsoever on the cliff.
Either put a dent in the cliff (hard?) or move and scale the waterfall so
as to place it in an extant dent.

-s
5TF!