POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP : Re: IRTC WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP
From: s day
Date: 3 Feb 2006 18:25:00
Message: <web.43e3e5e4fef3d3472a868be00@news.povray.org>
"Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote:
> how did you manage to get the sun to glow over the tree like that?

I was pleased with the sun as I was not expecting the effect to work that
well, the sun is a sphere with emitting media but I am also using megapov's
glow feature infront of the sun to enhance the effect. The fact it glow's
over the top of the tree was just an unexpected bonus..

Below is the source for the Sun effect.

#declare sunPos = <0, 500000, 0>;
#declare sunRot = <82, 10, 0>;

light_source
{

                        0
                        color rgb <5.0, 2, 0.5>*60
                        area_light
                        <20000, 0, 0> <0, 0, 20000>
                        10, 10
                        adaptive 0
                        jitter
                        circular
                        orient
                        fade_distance sunPos.y/10
                        fade_power 2

looks_like {
sphere // transparent sphere containing media
 { 0,1 pigment { rgbt 1 } hollow
   interior
   { media
     { emission 1