POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP : Re: IRTC WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP
From: s day
Date: 3 Feb 2006 18:20:00
Message: <web.43e3e414fef3d3472a868be00@news.povray.org>

> Most impressive. You might wanna work on the point where the tree joins
> the ground - some how doesn't look quite right. But otherwise...

That's next on my to do list..

> Perhaps the larger branches should have small amounts of snow resting on
> them? I'm not sure.

I have already added the snow to branches using a macro which writes the
blob data out to a file for faster parsing second time round. I have not
tried rendering the snow on the trees yet in the final scene and am not
sure how much it will add to the scene, at the moment I quite like the dark
of the trees against the snow and don't know if the snow on the trees will
ruin the effect. I will try it and decide which I like best for the final
image but I think they will require at least a small amount of snow to help
with the realism.

Thanks for the comment.

Sean