POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP4 : Re: volcano WIP4 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP4
From: Afishionado
Date: 3 Feb 2006 16:30:00
Message: <web.43e3ca19f33fba36d60ecb340@news.povray.org>
> Underwater has come a long way but it looks too quiet, almost tranquil.
> Now I don't get a sense of the brute forces that are at work there. (but
> don't ask me how to do that :) )

The underwater part is a major, major, improvement. :-)

Suggestion: Can you make it look like it flows a little more as it cools?

I don't have any pics in front of me, but I've seen footage of underwater
volcanos that came up to a point like a terrestrial volcano, and the lava
kind of oozed down the sides. The layer of lava exposed to water cools
pretty quickly, but the inside stays molten long enough for the mass to
slide around a little.

Maybe you could try applying your fantastic texture to blob objects. :-)

William