POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP4 : Re: volcano WIP4 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP4
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 3 Feb 2006 07:25:00
Message: <web.43e34b63f33fba36731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> -colours: it's all gone a bit grey in this version, I want to get some black
> in the smoke and volcanic rocks.
I quite like the grey, at least for the rocks - looks more volcanic.

I can only think of two other comments, although they're quite minor.
Firstly, I think the lava fountain is a bit regular - too much like a point
source; maybe having several sources together would give it a little more
volume. Secondly, the flowing lava (and the underwater lava) should perhaps
glow a little brighter (although maybe the brightness of the river should
decrease with distance?).

Fantastic looking image, though, especially the above/below water split -
this is going to be a classic!

Bill