POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP : Re: IRTC WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP
From: s day
Date: 3 Feb 2006 06:05:01
Message: <web.43e337d2fef3d3472a868be00@news.povray.org>
"jute" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> This passes for a photo already.  Did you get the snow so right by
> yourself, or did you use the other great snow that was posted here
> recently?
>
> --
> jussi

Thanks, the snow is my own (and is very simple) just created by trial and
error (mainly adjusting the specular and brilliance), the texture is very
simple really (I think I copied the normal settings from somewhere but
can't remember if it was one of my other scenes or someone else's...
sorry):

#declare snowTex = texture
{
   pigment { rgb <1, 1, 1> }
   finish
   {
      ambient 0 diffuse 0.9 brilliance 2
      specular 2 roughness 0.00005
      reflection 0.025
   }
   normal
   {
      average
      normal_map
      {
         [ 1 granite 0.25 scale 0.001 turbulence 1 omega 0.4 lambda 1.2 ]
         [ 1 wrinkles 0.7 scale 0.15 ]
      }
   }
}