POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP4 : Re: volcano WIP4 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP4
From: s day
Date: 3 Feb 2006 04:35:00
Message: <web.43e32370f33fba362a868be00@news.povray.org>
This is starting to look really good especially the smoke/fire effect. I was
thinking of doing a snow covered volcano scene myself for this round of
IRTC but am glad I didn't as my attempts were nowhere near as good as this.
Congrats on winning the round before last BTW that was a great image. As
this is still WIP I guess you may be planning to change the following (and
I think these may  have been mentioned in previous posts) but I think the
rocks at the front need to look a bit more like they are glowing and they
would be having an effect on the water, the lava flow at the bottom of the
volcano would probably not be so close to the snow (without melting it). I
also agree with you that the image needs a bit more colour (not sure where
or how this can be added though)

I hope you post the source with this one as I would like to steal (I mean
learn from..) your smoke effect.

Great work.

Sean