POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Guitar effects boxes [390K] : Re: Guitar effects boxes [390K] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guitar effects boxes [390K]
From: Kenneth
Date: 30 Jan 2006 04:00:00
Message: <web.43ddd44f62db2e35f48c98370@news.povray.org>
"Ard" <ard### [at] waikatoacnz> wrote:

> Does anybody have a macro for spilling beer over an arbitrary object?

Yes!! It's called "Drunken Stupor."  Works every time! ;-)

My own effects pedals seem to be a magnet for dirt and dust--especially when
they've been nicely coated with some sugary liquor (as has been known to
happen.) As if liquor raindrops had hit them.

My pedals have lost a few of their original knobs over the years, too, due
to operator abuse...I usually replace them with cheap Radio Shack versions.
Which never seem to fit right and "wobble" as they're rotated.

The phong or specular highlight values seem a bit low; Roland pedals are a
little shinier, I think? On the edges, that is.

Ken