POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Guitar effects boxes [390K] : Guitar effects boxes [390K] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Guitar effects boxes [390K]
From: Ard
Date: 26 Jan 2006 18:30:01
Message: <web.43d95ae0d7bf1027ed802ab30@news.povray.org>
Hi folks.  This is a model and texture check for a much larger scene.  They
were sitting on a chequered plane but I removed it so it didn't look like
my first post to p.b.i!  Which it is.

"Grubby realism" was the look I was after.  I have never laid my hands on
any of these things so perhaps someone in the biz could comment on that?
Does anybody have a macro for spilling beer over an arbitrary object?

I think to improve the realism further I would have to put them in a scene
to show their blurry reflectivity, and perhaps employ a light probe (except
I'm not using MegaPOV).  Do you have any other suggestions?

I reckon triangles are for cheats :) so this is all CSG.  Light groups
reduce the effect of the LEDs on render time.  Knob positions all couresy
of rand().

Sorry about the size of this PNG, but the JPEG was awful even at 95%.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'crushed.png' (390 KB)

Preview of image 'crushed.png'