POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP : Re: volcano WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP
From: Jon Buller
Date: 24 Jan 2006 19:45:00
Message: <web.43d6c8f889a10e00be920ef30@news.povray.org>
"Jon Buller" <jon### [at] bullersnet> wrote:
> "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> > Following my earlier post I've decided to go with the volcano image. This is
> > the latest version, but I'm suffering a case of povver's block! I can see
> > the volcano looks bad, but I don't know why. Any suggestions?
> >
> > --
> > Tek
> > http://evilsuperbrain.com
>
> [Bunch of stuff...]

One more thing I thought of just after the post button was hit...

That ash cloud doesn't seem right.  As someone else said it's too
symetrical, but I think worse is that it looks like it just hanging above
not coming up from...  It might just be a really large dark rain cloud the
way it is...

There I've done it again, that is the point I want to make, but much too
harsh in it's presentation.  It's not as bad as I make it out, and doesn't
need a whole lot to be really great.  Keep at it.

BTW, I like the lava better in your second image, but I think it needs some
of the cloud mixed in with it.

Jon