POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ivy on a tree WIP : Re: ivy on a tree WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ivy on a tree WIP
From: Kenneth
Date: 23 Jan 2006 07:10:00
Message: <web.43d4c657238f31ce383b1a020@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Really cool!  Is this something you could do a time-lapse growth on?  (i.e
> different numbers of loops)  If so I'd really like to see an animation of
> this.
> Charles

My code, as-is, would produce very "jerky" animation, unfortunately.  As
more leaves "popped" into view, each new one (AND all the previous ones)
would be rotated and angled in a *new* random way, for each frame of
animation. It wouldn't look at all like time-lapse photography; more like
very bad stop-motion animation.  Though it might be a fun experiment to
try, just to see the comical effect!

Ken