POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Cliff - the finals [~44 kB] : Re: Alien Cliff - the finals [~44 kB] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Cliff - the finals [~44 kB]
From: Smws
Date: 22 Jan 2006 12:45:00
Message: <web.43d3c3f07e4cb3a3641d079c0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
>(...)
>
> So... what do you think??
>
> Thomas

Wow, it's really nice! The almost maroon cliffs contrast well with the
greens and yellows of the landscape. I wish it was a bit bigger- it's hard
to see the structure of the falling spore-things, and your baloon model is
almost lost. Maybe it could be brighter and/or closer? Or is there some way
you could move it to see its shadow on the landscape? Right now, its really
hard to tell how far away it is, and thus give a sense of scale to the
whole image.

Anyway, I discovered a similar thing the other day with some isosurfaces I
was playing with. Better to separate when one can!

Nice image.

Stefan