POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ivy on a tree WIP : Re: ivy on a tree WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ivy on a tree WIP
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 19 Jan 2006 05:00:01
Message: <web.43cf629c238f31ce731f01d10@news.povray.org>
That is truly excellent. Very realistic. I agree that the vines look a
little too angular near the base, but I think they look fine further up.
Did you make the leaves yourself too?

The straight-line approach... perhaps you could join the cylinders with
torus segments? I believe there are some macros for connecting points with
those (or you could write one quite easily). That would save time over the
sweeps. Maybe the radius of the joins could be varied randomly too.

Just out of interest, what sort of parse time vs render time are you looking
at?

I look forward to more on this
Bill