POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More demolition : Re: More demolition Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:28:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More demolition
From: Kenneth
Date: 18 Jan 2006 03:00:00
Message: <web.43cdf4b417971ecf1f99adeb0@news.povray.org>
BTW, I've been working on an explosion of my own (heh heh.) With
media-sphere dust trails. Not quite ready yet, but I'll post when done.

Let's see...looking at your image, and venturing a *guess* as to the basics
of how it's done, I would say...

the bricks are all moving in the "+cannonball" direction according to how
near they are to the cannonball-travel axis...closer means more movement.
(Random, of course.)  And they fan out in a cone shape, each stone's random
distance in those two directions depending on how far each is from the
center(?) of the castle cylinder (or perhaps from the point of entry.)

So...am I triumphantly crossing the drawbridge toward the gate, or am I
still on the other side of the moat?

Ken