POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The POV-cannon : Re: The POV-cannon Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The POV-cannon
From: aaglo
Date: 16 Jan 2006 01:40:00
Message: <web.43cb3eadde0fbdb8b3ed5a4f0@news.povray.org>
> The two examples here are based on the bricks' distance from a line. The
> closer a brick is to the line, the more pronounced its displacement in the
> direction of the line (more precisely, within a cone aligned with the
> line). The displacement drops off with distance d from the line as exp(-d).
>
> The cannonball just puts the whole exercise into context. Fun, isn't it? I
> could spend a whole evening carefully building brick structures in POV and
> then blowing holes in them! Plenty of scope for variations, too - could
> make things explode from a point, fall apart across a plane, be sucked into
> a black hole...
>
> Bill

Hey,
That looks quite nice, do the bricks also rotate correctly?

BTW, I thought that this was about an actual cannon - like this one here :)

My civ3-units - modelled and animated with pov-ray:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2036938&postcount=4

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'debangimage.png' (38 KB)