POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7b11 BUG?: picture "Villarceau Circles" dose not render : 3.7b11 BUG?: picture "Villarceau Circles" dose not render Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  3.7b11 BUG?: picture "Villarceau Circles" dose not render
From: Ruediger Reklov
Date: 15 Jan 2006 10:25:00
Message: <web.43ca67cfb8a936125e6cde130@news.povray.org>
using 3.6 I can render the picture "Villarceau Circles" that can be found in
the hall of fame. http://www.povray.org/community/hof/
and source code from Tor Olav Kristensen home page at
http://home.no/t-o-k/POV-Ray/index.html
with version 3.7 beta 11 will use all memory and increase the Photon count
but never starts to render any pixels.  I gave up with 2.5GB memory used
vs. version 3.6 150MB used RAM.

In 3.7 the benchmark dose work, the biscuit and the woodbox (default
examples) do work too.

I have found same behaviour with Win XP SP2, 32 bit, German, P4 2,8GHz with
Hyper Threading and Win 2003 SP1, 32 bit, English, 2 * Intel Xeon 3.0 GHz
using SSE2 variant from ZIP file  povwin-3.7.beta.11b.zip

Can some confirm this bug?
How can I repair this picture for version 3.7?
What is wrong with this picture?
Or is this a bug in version 3.7?