POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The POV-cannon : Re: The POV-cannon Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The POV-cannon
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 13 Jan 2006 10:00:01
Message: <web.43c7bfd4de0fbdb8731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> What a pity that this code is not based on real physics so we can't see
> those towers falling together.
It could be - instead of a displacement, I could use the code to generate a
velocity. Unfortunately, I'd also need to write some collision detection,
and keep track of each brick throughout the parse... eek!

> On the other hand: quite impressive results depending on the simplicity of
> the code!
Oh yes. I calulate the displacement for each brick at instantiation, so I
don't need any arrays or anything. The whole thing is only 2 or 3 lines
more than the code needed to generate the chimney itself!

> Can't wait to see other perforated buildings ;-)
I'll knock up (or should that be down?) some more over the weekend. :)

Bill