POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seeding time : Re: Seeding time Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seeding time
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Jan 2006 08:05:00
Message: <web.43c25e71ca8efe6d731f01d10@news.povray.org>
It's very nice so far. The landscape looks realistically eroded. A couple of
comments:

The landscape doesn't look as big as the balloon might indicate. Fine detail
would help here - for example, an extra, finer pigment function in the
isosurface (slow!), coating the land in the foreground with vegetation,
maybe some open water? Not sure what would work best.

I think your haze needs to have a higher altitude: the landscape looks as
though it ends suddenly, and there's no horizon gradient effect ... maybe
use two layers if you're happy with the foreground haze.

Good to see my moon formula getting plenty of mileage!

I await the next instalment... :)
Bill