POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Test Povray and Yafray. : Re: Test Povray and Yafray. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test Povray and Yafray.
From: Hasan3
Date: 2 Jan 2006 02:30:00
Message: <web.43b8d60cb681e69ba1148aa80@news.povray.org>
>I don't think there is any significant difference in these test images
>due to antialiasing.  The main sources for the difference in results are
>probably different textures, different light intensities or different
>gamma correction (or all of them).

>Christoph

Cristof, you may be right. I try to use same textures and gamma.

>The very least you could do if you wanted to test AA would be to put a pure
>white next to a pure black and look again. The problem in those last two is
>that the scenes themselves clearly look different, so comparing any one
>aspect is silly.

>-s
>5TF!

5TF, light source's coordinats are same. But it was white in the Pov scene.
Probably this is the reason of AA variant's .

>I agree, if you compare the walls on the right hand side of each scene where
>the colours are similar the AA difference is hardly noticable, you can't
>compare a white wall with a light grey one and expect to get the same
>results. I have been using POV for many years (although not with meshes or
>triangles very much) and never noticed any problems with poor AA quality.

>Sean

Sean, you are right. I was'nt carefull that detail. Sory.

>I personally haven't tried Yafray, but just looked at its capabilities some
>time ago, and didn't think it would be better than POV-Ray. Tried CSG in
>Yafray? Isosurfaces? What about media, is it possible in Yafray? ...
>Regards,
>Tim

Tim, Yafray hav not CGS, isosurface, prism, sweep sphere etc. Only mesh
object. And very slowly.
Of course Povray is great. But I think that Pov team must examine Yafray
Light system.

Regards