POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : silly dots (WIP) : Re: silly dots (WIP) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: silly dots (WIP)
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 20 Dec 2005 13:05:01
Message: <web.43a847134cd564a16c4803960@news.povray.org>
"Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> I doubt raising the max_trace_level would help but you can give it a try. i
> would recommend raising the max_gradient of the isosurface instead (a value
> of 4 should work i guess). at least this always helped with my isosurfaces
> ;-)
>
> Regards Roman

"Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> I doubt raising the max_trace_level would help but you can give it a try. i
> would recommend raising the max_gradient of the isosurface instead (a value
> of 4 should work i guess). at least this always helped with my isosurfaces
> ;-)
>
> Regards Roman

I did some tests and found that max_gradient, adc_bailout, max_trace_level
all have no effect on the outcome. Neither does moving the superellipsoid
(except if you move it down so that it DOES intersect the plane).  This is
true for both the superellipsoid and isosurface versions.  The only thing
that I could change to remove the dots was reducing the ior value. In the
end, I'm not sure what causes the dots, but perhaps this will help someone
else identify the problem...

-tgq