POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dome lights : Re: Dome lights Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dome lights
From: m1j
Date: 17 Dec 2005 20:25:00
Message: <web.43a4ba10e93c309a2f222b3b0@news.povray.org>

(http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.43912795ae23e4252f222b3b0%40news.povray.org%3E/)
> > so I had a try at it (using my own code however, based on a geodesic dome
> > macro I wrote many years ago) with impressive results.
> >
> > HDRI2a.jpg shows a scene using HDRI with radiosity lighting (medium-low
> > quality settings though)
> > HDRI2c.jpg shows the same scene using the dome lighting based on the HDRI
> > (with a threshold limit)
> > the rest use the dome lighting using different HDRI maps.  As a note, each
> > took on average 10mins to render (no AA or rad)
> >
> > -tgq
>
> Here is another one I did.

This one took about an hour because of the blured reflection.

My light domes average 100 to 800 lights. Basic scenes render 10 to 20 min.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'building_b.jpg' (37 KB)

Preview of image 'building_b.jpg'