POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Trefoil experiment : Trefoil experiment Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Trefoil experiment
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 14 Dec 2005 10:45:01
Message: <web.43a03d5963c7def4731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Early days in a possible new project.

Rough-and-ready radiosity, need to tweak the knot dimensions / depth, maybe
have a double-helix stair instead of just the one. Although my algorithm
should have taken care of it, I have a suspicion that the steps are
bunching up a bit on the curves.  It's probably just on the insides of the
curves though, so making the steps narrower might take care of that.

Obviously, there has to be bannisters and people walking up/down (maybe on
both sides of the stairs? Hmmm...) Not sure whether to go for metal frame
railings or heavy stone columns... I could try to put a rug down the centre
of the stairs, too!

Any thoughts, anyone?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: