POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gamma tests : Re: Gamma tests Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:11:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gamma tests
From: Kenneth
Date: 13 Dec 2005 15:10:00
Message: <web.439f29c451e1e6ea36bd2010@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote:

> It's just the POV render, you can see on the other parts of the image that
> the color-banding isn't in the photo itself.

Sorry; having trouble seeing that, at the resolution of your posted image.
Post a larger version, perhaps?

BTW, I went snooping back through older posts and found one with similar
arguments for having to reprocesss image_map images to alter the gamma to
1.0...

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cvp9bd1p330mntk3k9dhlfch4csv2215j12%404ax.com%3E/?ttop=221530&toff=200&m
top=219340

Ken