POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More double planetoid fisheyes : More double planetoid fisheyes Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  More double planetoid fisheyes
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 12 Dec 2005 06:15:00
Message: <web.439d5ac96407ce94731f01d10@news.povray.org>
What ho

Here's two more fisheye closeups of the double planetoid.

While fascinating, these images do exhibit a few problems at this proximity
which could probably be tweaked away - the floor paving manifests some
overly dark patches, the people don't hold up to close inspection and the
walkway/balcony walls appear a bit flat and detail-less. This last isn't
easy to solve; I quite like the way one can follow a wall with the eye and
suddenly realise that one's perception of up is hopelessly wrong.
Banister-type rails and whatnot could destroy this effect.

I probably won't get around to rectifying anything, though - these
renderings are taking upwards of 48 hours on (somebody else's) >3GHz 64-bit
AMD!

Comments etc always welcome
Enjoy

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'triplanet_fisheye2.jpg' (436 KB)

Preview of image 'triplanet_fisheye2.jpg'
triplanet_fisheye2.jpg