POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Morning in the Marsh (WIP) : Re: Morning in the Marsh (WIP) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Morning in the Marsh (WIP)
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 6 Dec 2005 07:20:00
Message: <web.43958182cc71800b93771ffc0@news.povray.org>
"Joanne Simpson" <cor### [at] onewhiteravencom> wrote:
> Believe it or not, this started out as a scene in the Tuileries and quickly
> morphed into an Australian swamp.

Europeans started to colonise the Australian continent; the Australian
landscape then started to colonise the European mind...

> Will probably end up as the PoVComp 2006 entry,
> given my normally glacial pace in developing scenes.

Best of luck, Joanne!

> Credits to Christoph Hormann for realistic water and explaining trace,

Truly, Christoph is the POV Water Wizard.

PS. I know this scene is supposed to be dark, but I have to give it a gamma
boost of about 1.5 to see the details. What gamma settings are you using?

PPS. Please post a version with less jpeg artifacts, use quality of 85% or
better.