POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The room (Last scene) : Re: The room (Last scene) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The room (Last scene)
From: stm31415
Date: 4 Dec 2005 11:05:02
Message: <web.43931299d75c3384cf423e7b0@news.povray.org>
It is the 'normal on' that is killing your time. Use a faint fill light to
bring out textures, and turn of normals in radiosity. When I use it, I try
to make radiosity ground objects with interesting shadows, and softer
lighting, rather than make the whle lighting of the image. Under the table,
for instace, I see no progressively darkening shadow on the carpet, which
would occur in rea life - or even much contrast on the table itself. Are
all your objects' ambients 0?
Contrast seems the thing that, to me, this image needs. I find no deep
darkenss anywhere in this lighting, even under things. I always struggle
with this, but I think one has to give up some of the detail that took so
long to get to give the whole composition the right feel.

The modelling is quite nice, by the way. This is looking quite good.