POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : HELP!! : Re: HELP!! Server Time
2 May 2024 11:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HELP!!
From: carol
Date: 3 Dec 2005 23:40:01
Message: <web.439272b49dbf1f7190ab497f0@news.povray.org>
I had the same problem. It was EXTREMELY frustrating because I had spent so
long becoming extremely proficient on povray for windows XP, and when I
switched to a Mac (I'm just learning about macs) I suddenly could not even
render a simple scene.

It may not be obvious to a windows user, but you have to go to
Edit>Preferences, go to the Scenes tab, and Add the directory with the
include files.  Then it will at least render a small picture with the
default render settings.

It may ALSO not be obvious to a windows user that you MUST INCLUDE the
".pov" extension EXPLICITLY when you save the file, otherwise the
Edit>Render Settings... will be grayed out.

Hope that helps people with the same problem.
~C