POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Greco-Roman architecture group anywhere? : Re: Greco-Roman architecture group anywhere? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Greco-Roman architecture group anywhere?
From: Roger
Date: 30 Nov 2005 02:15:01
Message: <web.438d5059da6d09e16d6686b50@news.povray.org>
"JYR" <jyr### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > But what are the dots outside the windows? Looks
> > like birds or netting, running off the light posts? Artifacts? Or
> > intentional?
> The thickness of the outer walls, overexposed from the bright daylight?
>
> JYR

Exactly; the thickness of the window frames.  I used a marble pigment which
got massively saturated.

There is an color abberation artifact, though, along the roughly right third
of the end upper window, with a round edge and what I've decided is a bird,
not an error or artifact, at where the color abberation's left edge
intersects the bottom of the upper end window.  I didn't create a bird
there, but that's what I'm saying it is. ;>  It was media useage that led
to it, not radiosity (or maybe the combination, but radiosity use alone
generates neither the color abberation nor the "bird").  There are some
versions I've made where it's much more noticable.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'b2vf034_75_s.jpg' (54 KB)

Preview of image 'b2vf034_75_s.jpg'