POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Greco-Roman architecture group anywhere? : Re: Greco-Roman architecture group anywhere? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:23:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Greco-Roman architecture group anywhere?
From: Roger
Date: 30 Nov 2005 01:55:00
Message: <web.438d49dfda6d09e16d6686b50@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> Don't know of anything myself but I assume you are familiar with Nathan
> O'Brien's work:

He's where I got the basics for the columns & their capitals, many years
ago!

> http://tinyurl.com/ch8c4

Yup, the capitals are most familiar indeed.

> especially
> http://tinyurl.com/7lafw

I remember seeing that before.  I tried having the media for light beams
turned up that high, but it didn't look quite right, especially since the
"windows" have no glass, so the indoors air has to match the outdoors air,
and it couldn't be that hazy outdoors.  It works great with his image of
Justinian's church though (which is a rather awesome rendering IMHO).

> Also Felix Cederling
> http://tinyurl.com/exy6x

That's interesting and very good work...  Like me, he seems to give loops
heavy useage for the purpose of constructing with patterns of virtual
building blocks, kind of like building with virtual Lego.  POV-Ray makes
that so easy, and is why POV-Ray does well with Classical architecture.  His
details are generally so much more intricate, complete with egg & dart
trim.  If my machine had more RAM maybe...  View-based detail management to
save on RAM useage is a goal of mine.

Thanks for the links!

Roger