POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Curved portal [~37 kB] : Re: Curved portal - new version [~63 kB] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:07:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curved portal - new version [~63 kB]
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 29 Nov 2005 08:20:00
Message: <web.438c54c0d2bdbe8f130bb5e20@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> P.S.
> Don't mind the right-hand frescoe's down-turning edge. has been corrected
> since.
>
> I may try a totally different floor, but I hesitate...
>
> Thomas

I have to agree with Rick that the color of the floor doesn't fit very good
to the rest of the image. but i like it anyways. i even think it's looking
better this way instead of having everything in one tone.

But there is still an other thing about that floor that i dislike. i saw it
already at the first example but didn't say it because i think it is
difficult to explain due my limitations of the english language. but i'll
give it a try.

The floor has a little rim (or step?) at the right side. But the texture
doesn't take care of that. its just projected over the shape. know what i
mean? that somehow doesn't please my eyes. maybe you could add a curbstone?

I hope you understand what i want to say ;-)

Greetings Roman