POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crater field : Re: Crater field Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crater field
From: Kenneth
Date: 29 Nov 2005 03:50:00
Message: <web.438c143f133a23ebcb3448c30@news.povray.org>
"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> After seeing Cassini's recent pictures of some of the icy crater fields of
> Saturn's moons Dione & Tethys, I was inspired to dig up my old crater
> height field generator I wrote on the Amiga to see how it works on Linux.

I think my eyes and brain are playing tricks on me.
Probably just a result of the lighting...
but the craters look kind of dome-like. Which gave me an
idea!!  I took the image, stuck it into Photoshop, and inverted it (whites
to blacks and blacks to whites.) I couldn't resist; hope you don't mind!
Ah, the evils of post-processing!  :-)

Here's the result...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: